On this page:
The A&S Communications team is strategically focused on work that advances the College as a whole. We support the work of individual College departments through guidance, recommendations, self-serve resources, and referrals.
Brand Guidelines and Lockups
Whenever possible, Syracuse University's brand guidelines should be followed. Never create a new logo or acronym; instead, use the appropriate logo or lockup for the department, program, or unit. These lockups have been created specifically for each department.
Note, to ensure colors come out as intended, the CMYK version should be used for all printed materials, and the RGB version for anything appearing on a screen.
- African American Studies: cmyk, rgb
- Art and Music Histories: cmyk, rgb
- Biology: cmyk, rgb
- Chemistry: cmyk, rgb
- Communication Sciences and Disorders: cmyk, rgb
- Earth Sciences: cmyk, rgb
- English: cmyk, rgb
- Languages, Literatures and Linguistics: cmyk, rgb
- Mathematics: cmyk, rgb
- Philosophy: cmyk, rgb
- Physics: cmyk, rgb
- Psychology: cmyk, rgb
- Religion: cmyk, rgb
- Science Teaching: cmyk, rgb
- Women's and Gender Studies: cmyk, rgb
- Writing Studies, Rhetoric, and Composition: cmyk, rgb
- Applied Statistics: cmyk, rgb
- Asian-Asian American Studies: cmyk, rgb
- Biochemistry: cmyk, rgb
- Biophysical Science: cmyk, rgb
- Biotechnology: cmyk, rgb
- Chinese Studies: cmyk, rgb
- Classical Civilization: cmyk, rgb
- Classics: cmyk, rgb
- Cognitive Science: cmyk, rgb
- Computational Linguistics: cmyk, rgb
- Energy and Its Impacts: cmyk, rgb
- Ethics: cmyk, rgb
- European Literature: cmyk, rgb
- Forensic & National Security Sciences Institute: cmyk, rgb
- Iroquois Linguistics for Language Learners: cmyk, rgb
- Jewish Studies: cmyk, rgb
- Latino-Latin American Studies: cmyk, rgb
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Studies: cmyk, rgb
- Linguistic Studies: cmyk, rgb
- Logic: cmyk, rgb
- Medieval and Renaissance Studies: cmyk, rgb
- Neuroscience: cmyk, rgb
- Political Philosophy: cmyk, rgb
- Religion and Society: cmyk, rgb
- Russian and Central European Studies: cmyk, rgb
- South Asian Studies: cmyk, rgb
- Native American and Indigenous Studies: cmyk, rgb
- Middle Eastern Studies Program: cmyk, rgb
- Middle Eastern Studies Program (horizontal): cmyk, rgb
- Middle Eastern Studies Program (vertical): cmyk, rgb
- Advising and Career Services: cmyk, rgb
- Computer Services Group: cmyk, rgb
- Dean Karin Ruhlandt: cmyk, rgb
- Dean's Team: cmyk, rgb
- Health Professions Advising: cmyk, rgb
- Humanities Center (horizontal): cmyk, rgb
- Humanities Center (vertical) cmyk, rgb
- Office of Admissions: cmyk, rgb
- Office of Advancement: cmyk, rgb
- Office of Communications: cmyk, rgb
- Office of Curriculum, Instruction, and Programs: cmyk, rgb
- Office of the Dean: cmyk, rgb
- Office of the Senior Associate Dean: cmyk, rgb
- Pre-Law Advising: cmyk, rgb
- La Casita: cmyk, rgb
- The Writing Center: cmyk, rgb
- Office of Cultural Engagement for the Hispanic Community: cmyk, rgb
Use these accessible, University-branded templates for your department or office's announcements and event publicity. Please note that each template layout has been optimized for ease of use, with dedicated fields for text, images, and wordmarks.
Follow these general guidelines for clear and professional results.
- Use high-resolution images (300 dpi) and crop as needed. This ensures that your results will be crisp and in focus.
- Follow Syracuse University brand guidelines.
- Proofread before printing or posting. We recommend you ask someone who hasn't been involved with the creation of the item.
- Change font, colors, or location of text box/image placeholders.
- Stretch, compress or otherwise distort the image to fit in a placeholder.
- Use blurry or grainy images.
Hall of Languages Digital Screen Templates
Event Flyer Templates
Be sure to use the correct template for digital or print flyers. Colors are formulated differently to ensure proper branding for each type.
Social Media Resources
Sprout Social has suggested guidelines for images in social media posts for a number of common networks.
Please take note of these size guidelines for images in regards to social media.
- Facebook post: 1200 x 630 pixels or 1632 x 1632 pixels
- Tweet: 1024 x 512 pixels
- Instagram post: 1080 x 1080 pixels
- Instagram Story: 1080x 1920 pixels
- LinkedIn post: 800 x 800 pixels
If you're looking for a visual cheat sheet on social media sizes, check out this graphic on 2019 Social Media Image Sizes Cheat Sheet.
A&S Social Media Hub: Best Practices and Planning
New faculty and staff should schedule a portrait sitting with SU Photo and Imaging by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 315.443.3711. The studio is in the basement of the Women's Building. Please bring your SU ID with you. Let them know you are with the College of Arts and Sciences, and have them cc: Mike Cheatham (email@example.com) when they send you your final portrait image.
Some links to which we frequently refer:
Syracuse University has bulletin boards strategically placed in buildings throughout campus. “General use” bulletin boards are located in designated public spaces and promote campus-wide events, activities and announcements. Bulletin boards in close proximity to academic departments and programs are for use by those units only. Posters and paper signage that are outdated or affixed to doors and walls are subject to removal.